Starting out, I weighed 233 lbs. (that's what I've observed through the evidence in this post). By now, I should have lost approximately 19 lbs, which would put me at 214 lbs. I could really kick myself right now! Whatever, get over it. IOU: 18 lbs.
2. Make a better effort to keep in touch with family/friends. I bought a Blue Tooth, which believe it or not, has spiked my communication with my dad and my mom. I really like talking on the phone in the car when I'm alone (ironic, I'll explain why at a later date!), but it's too much of a hassle to hold the phone up to my ear and drive at the same time... plus, it's illegal in Nevada and California! I don't think I'm really doing such a great job otherwise. I don't call my friends in Ohio and my brother doesn't return my phone calls.
I've realized that I don't like to text, which is a small problem considering that's the main mode of communication these days. It's too time consuming and I don't want to be tied to my phone 24/7. I just don't have the attention span for it! I could lament by wishing my friends could understand, but I'm not exactly calling them all the time to keep in touch and demonstrate my perferred method of communication (which, actually I don't care to talk on the phone that much, either). I don't really know what's wrong with me, to be honest.
What I'm going to do about it: Starting today, I'm going to plan out my communication for the week with a mini-schedule. I'll write down all of the people I would like to talk to and just call them. That's it! With a Blue Tooth, I can call anytime and still do normal people things and not complain about the hassle of holding my phone- truly I have no excuses at this point (aside from being at work or not hearing back from someone).
4. Try something new at least once a month. This month I haven't tried anything new. I still have 21 days to think of something!
Btw- April I tried knitting. I went out, bought bamboo sticks, a knitting book, and some sweet ass purple yarn. I got to knitting right away and knitted a scarf while marathoning The OC. After spending several hours knitting (and super sore fingers!), I realized that I was supposed to be counting my stitches the whole time and unraveled the scarf I had completed. I really wish I would have taken a picture, but I didn't because I was so annoyed I just unraveled it as soon as I realized my mistake. I haven't made another attempt since!
5. Write for fun at least once a week. Totally happening. I've been writing down ideas for my future classroom whenever I think of something. Plus, there's this blog and my personal journal. Woo-hoo, I'm not a complete failure!
No comments:
Post a Comment