![]() |
| Flattering pics of me & my work-out buddy at the gym! |
Yesterday I attended the new member orientation meeting for the 20-30 Club of Greater Sacramento. I was originally going to go with someone, but they opted to go to another region's orientation and I didn't want to go there because the group is co-ed. Now, before you think it's weird that it even matters, let me explain that I'm joining to make friends in my area and I'm not really interested in making friends with any dudes. Sorry, dudes. Anyway, it was okay... I have six months to decide whether I like it/whether it's a good fit for me, which is good. Their website doesn't really have a lot of information about the club, which I found to be irritating, considering that the Sacramento women's club only holds 2 orientations per year (you cannot join without attending). I guess this is because there are about 100 members, so they have to control the amount of people coming/going.
Here's what I found out by attending the orientation yesterday:
1. It costs $185 per year, plus a one time initiation fee of $64. Not too bad, I guess. There are other fees throughout the year, but most are optional.
2. There are a lot of fun things to do as a member that help contribute to local charities (for kids, yay!).
3. The Sacramento women's group is one of the largest and oldest groups in the area. That is cool because I guess some of the other groups aren't as active/stable as the group I may be joining.
There was more, but honestly, the money was the most important to me. I'm going to stick with it for a little while, after all, I don't think attending an info-sesh really counts as "trying." The funny thing is that I sat at a table of teachers without even knowing they were teachers!

No comments:
Post a Comment