Whenever I type "dear reader" into a blog post or write it in my personal diary, I think of this series of videos:
Anyway, back to my resolutions... I'm almost too lazy to constantly post updates, like once a month... Maybe that would be helpful? Let's do it!
1. Lose one pound a week- slow and steady wins the race, right? Since I have been slacking, I think I owe a few pounds. I guess as long as I lose 50-52 pounds by January 1, 2014 I'll be satisfied. My boyfriend's mom just made some super delicious ginger cookies, so I'll have to practice some major self-control (HA!) to lose something this week!
2. Make a better effort to keep in touch with family/friends- well, I just officially blew that a little... My cousin's birthday was yesterday and instead of getting my lazy butt off the couch and at least texting her, I watched movies... Literally all day. I didn't even change out of my pajamas. The steps I've taken so far: I bought an address book, sent a Facebook message to some people aaaaaaanddddd... that's it. I'm not too sure on what my next step should be, but I'll let you know when I find out.
3. Plan a road trip to break in my new car- no job = no money. I'm working on a job, though, so we'll see what happens. I've still got time!
4. Try something new at least once a month- DONE! So easy, seriously. I didn't realize how many new things I try on a weekly basis until I started thinking about my resolutions. I'm not going to stop and I've decided that no matter how many "new things" I try in one month, it only counts for the month it happens in and doesn't count towards future months (it makes sense to me).
5. Write for fun at least once a week- eh. This resolution is the least important one in my opinion, but I am keeping this blog to track my progress.
All-in-all, not bad for mid-February. By this time of year, most people have already forgotten their resolutions. I just need to stay motivated with #1 and think of what's next for #2.
No comments:
Post a Comment