Saturday, February 23, 2013

Retail Therapy!

Reality of being an adult is setting in big time... I'm having trouble getting a job right now, which is frustrating because I bought a car in December (picture featured in the last post!) thinking I'd be making money in the near future to pay it off quickly.  My dad always used to say, "don't count your chickens before they've hatched" because I always used to plan for the future based on specific details.  In this case, I have to spend money to make money... It's not really easy to substitute teach without a car!  Some school districts are HUGE!

I had a phone interview with a district the other day and my interviewer asked, "So, uh, what exactly have you been doing since December?" and the words bounced around in my head all morning and led to me feeling a little down in the dumps.  I of course explained that my internship ended at the end of January (and I'm sure she wasn't trying to slight me, I just perseverated on the question), but it reminded me of my failure to obtain a job immediately after college.  I really cannot explain why I am so blah about not getting a job yet, it's normal for college grads to experience unemployment for a few months after graduation; heck, my boyfriend didn't find one for a year!  I'm just feeling a lot of self-generated pressure.  Plus, people around me are trying to pressure me into working in California and I just really do not want to take any more exams or jump through anymore hoops at this point.

Anyway, I had to pick some stuff up from the Galleria and wanted to have my bracelet cleaned while I was visiting.  I had two hours to kill while waiting for my bracelet, so I walked around the mall and decided to enjoy my alone time (my boyfriend was at work) and eventually resolved to treat myself to retail therapy!  Before I knew it, my jewelry pick-up time rolled around and I had to leave to beat the afternoon rush hour.

I even did something a little silly.  One thing that really excites me right now is the idea of planning a wedding.  I've actually got an insane wedding board titled "Dream Wedding" on Pinterest.  I walked into Tiffany's and looked at the engagement rings (puh-lease, I already know what I want, it was just for kicks) and then eventually walked into Alfred Angelo's across the street to browse dresses and picked up a couple catalogs.  The saleswoman at Tiffany's was so fun and so nice, it was a nice pick-me-up.  The idea of happiness is enough to brighten any gloomy day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment