Friday, February 8, 2013

Last Friday Night

Every time I hear that song by Katy Perry, I can't help but smile. I'm not exactly what you would call a KP fan, but I have so many good memories attached to that song; including the story my boyfriend told me about his summer in Santa Barbara two summers ago.

It especially reminds me of my summers at CTY. Every Friday, the students would have themed dances. Just imagine the three best weeks of your life minus your parents as a thirteen year old and you'll understand! Anyway, being a resident assistant is at times stressful but really fun and through CTY I've met some pretty wonderful people. I've worked at the same site the last two years and I'm going back this summer, too...except hopefully as a senior resident assistant this year!!! My interview is on Valentines Day and I haven't told anyone because some of my friends are also returning and I don't want to be embarrassed if I don't get it!

Here's to good memories that take place every day of the week, a good attitude in the present, and optimism for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment