Thursday, February 14, 2013

LOL (Lots of Love)

Well, today I am going to continue pursuing my goal of becoming a better friend!  After writing this post, I'm going to head out into the big world and put together a cute little birthday package for my childhood best friend.  Her birthday is tomorrow, so of course it won't get there in time, but it's the thought that counts!  Also, I'll be mailing my cousin's birthday card (I procrastinated by accident, I swear!).

Today is Valentine's Day and I love Valentine's Day.  There are a lot of anti-Valentine's Day folks out there (maybe reading this blog right now), but let me explain to you why this day is so wonderful.  First, although this is a purely commercial holiday, I love seeing everyone express their love for someone (whether it be significant other or friend) together.  It is endearing and sweet on many levels; to think of an entire nation celebrating love when we're constantly fearing some kind of war... C'mon!  Okay, I get it, you're bitter about being lonely... Celebrate your love for anything.  Donuts, shopping, YOURSELF... You get the picture?  Celebrate love for the heck of celebrating!

From my boyfriend!

Speaking of love, some people that I love are getting married this summer and I can't wait to celebrate their love with them!  I'm going to a wedding early June and then flying home to Ohio later for another wedding.  It's got me all twitter-pated and excited for the time when I'm in their shoes!  I love love!

My very special Valentine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment